परिवर्तन

"Tum logon ki, is duniya mein
Har kadam pe, insaan galat
Main sahi samajh ke jo bhi kahoon
Tum kehte ho galat, main galat hoon phir kaun sahi.."

     Happy New Year Folks! Hope everyone had a blast. I've been humming the song "Sadda Haq" from Rockstar for ever now. In fact, as I pen this post I'm listening to it. So, if the lyrics of the song irritates you, cover them with your palms (one above, one below; make sure that you don't do that with the content of my blog). 
      2012 is finally here. We're off to another year, a leap year - surely, we need to value the ones that come once in 4 years. It's also an Olympic year, with all the athletes (at least, the best ones; dope-free ones) headed to London.
     It's also that time of the year where we make those little promises to ourselves, the secret ones and post them on twitter, facebook & linkedin (most people can access only linkedin at work, suckers!). I intend to do that in my blog, my own comfort zone. Over the last few years, I've made some serious ones. The most prominent one includes restraint from biting my nails (2007). It surprised (read shocked) my parents, who had initially tried every trick in the book to rid off that habit.
Chiselling the fat
     This year, my resolutions are more creative & self-oriented (read selfish). Firstly, I will blog regularly, render at least one post a week and address a far larger audience.
Deep study
     Secondly, and most importantly, I'll get back to hitting the gym. It's been 3 months since I last walked into one and the effects are visible with the excess baggage around the mid-section. The other day, the mirror image depicted an anomaly, almost resembling a tree trunk. Phew! Scary.
     Thirdly, I'll read more. The last one year has been among the worst in terms of literary content in my daily schedule. At times, I wonder if its a recurrence of Bibliophobia (Ha, you thought I made up that one!). The last occurrence of the disease was during my college days. Symptoms include drowsiness, lack of interest & neck pain (books are rough pillows).
      As an afterthought, there's another one that I would love to add to my resolutions for the year. This one.

"...Marzi se jeene ki bhi main
Kya tum sabko arzi doon
Matlab ki tum sabka mujhpe
Mujhse bhi zyada haq hai
Saadda haq, aithe rakh"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An open book

Malus domestica...

Romancing the language