Unique Identification D

“Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.” – Mark Twain.

     One of the other reasons why I’ve refrained from blogging is because every topic is clichéd. I’m active on twitter and give vent to my fury on a daily basis (please note: this has nothing to do with my joblessness). Apart from the spitting, splitting and spatting (verb introduced after the Kalmadi-Dishit duel), we’ve had the jokes about Chuck Norris and Rajnikanth (surprising that MS word doesn’t take Rajnikanth, there’s a joke right there), how well we’ve conducted the CWG; used a 40cr hot air balloon to depress the taxpayer’s money, and then cover the depression in the stadium with 80 truckloads of sand. Anyways, I’ve decided that we quickly need the UIDs in place. And it’s not because Junior AB implemented a strategy to avoid racism (remember the racism ad from Idea). Mr. Nilekani decided that Infosys would get hold of a large project (they’re used to tagging goods in Walmart stores using POS apps; time to tag humans).

     Something really funny happened earlier this week. A friend of mine and a client contact share the same name (like Nikolai Gogol). Let’s name the first one as ID4256 and the second one as ID7935. I had to fix up a meeting with 7935 for 2 PM. But since my phone generally displays names and “haste makes waste”, I reached at the scheduled time and called 4256. 4256 was bewildered as much as I was when she walked up to the reception and didn’t see me. I was at 7935’s location out to meet 7935, right? So then I called 7935 and she was shocked. Because in the morning I had actually spoken to 4256. It was a total embarrassment because my manager happened to come along with me. Would the Unique IDs solve the problem of my stupidity? If it does, what an idea sirji!


P.S: It's strange how we've moved from Instant coffee and 2-min noodles to Google Instant. In the future we might end up with Instant babies as well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An open book

Malus domestica...

Romancing the language