As we part

“The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest.”

     I've hit a block. On the contrary, it would seem highly pretentious to term it as "Writer's Block." The dearth of topics are not confounding me, rather I do have a long list of topics (including an unfinished novel) that needs dedicated attention, but finding time to write is the primary concern. So, I've found an alternative. I'll introduce my collection of poems to this blog (been a decade since most of them were penned) over the next couple of weeks while the new posts get created.

As we part

In my darkest hour, Devoid of thoughts,
A touch on my shoulder, that reassuring smile,
Brightening the journey ahead,
"Its not over yet", you said;
"At the end of the day, you'll be at your goal."

I moved along, slowily but steadily,
Growing from strength to strength,
Crafting a path of fame,
All because of you my friend.

Now when the end is in sight,
You're bidding good bye.
Parting is inevitable, reunion a distant hope.
But when the truth settles in,
A voice in my heart will whisper,
"Its not over yet, 

                          At the end of the day, you'll be at your goal......."                                                                                                                   - Skv.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Malus domestica...

An open book

Romancing the language