21 Days

     16000 Kms. 2 Countries, 4 States. 21 Days. And it all comes to one question - Why this kolaveri, kolaveri di?
     It feels so good to read the newspapers again. Watch Television and listen to the radio. And get back to Facebook :). I've had my biggest break in service in the last 5 years. In fact, I stayed away from Facebook for 3 days flat (Another record). The only thing that I've been consistently doing is smiling & posing for photographs. Yeah! Yeah! We are happily married. Every time I see a flash of lighten, my lips widen and the teeth peek out. I can imagine doing it in my sleep as well. At times, it scares me. Most times.
     My itinerary went from Bangalore-Kerala-Bangalore-Jaipur-Delhi-Bangkok-Delhi-Bangalore. The weather was a great sport throughout the trip and although I wanted to see the crocodiles floating around in Bangkok, it never happened. Though feeding a baby tiger milk from a bottle compensated for it. Partly.
     And at the end of it, I get to hear a song that could have only been penned by the likes of Lewis Carroll or Santosh Pandit or Harishankar. My guess is that most people wouldn't recognise the first name. Because, he's never been on youtube.
     Back to Messrs Dhanush & Co; Thank you for brutally raping my favourite language beyond recognition. And getting 10 million viewers to watch it. In fact, Sneha had heard only Rahman's set of songs handpicked by me. Till this point. And now she starts off with, 
"...distance la moon-u moon-u 
moon-u  color-u  white-u
white background night-u nigth-u
night-u color-u black-u..."

this song for soup boys-u 
we dont have choice-u 
why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di 
why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
 
 P.S - On a serious note though, I've had a wonderful 21 days. Half of it at home, and the rest away. Btw, My new definition of home has been reiterated as "my home" + "Sneha's home" + "our home". And the last couple of days have been spent on setting up "our home." We're almost done, but the invites for lunch and dinner aren't out yet. So Shhh.

Comments

  1. Baby tiger is sooooooo cute......nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb pic bro... Glad u had a great time.. Congrats to both of u once again...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An open book

Malus domestica...

Time and Tide – Sorry, I’m late